Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Marinated and Grilled Filets topped with Blue Cheese

  I love this steak. It is pretty simple to make, and it is packed with a ton of flavor! Filets are a very lean cut of red meat, which means they are healthier, but they also are lacking in the flavor department. So, my solution marinate them. The marinade is easy, and I recommend letting them marinate over night if you can. If not, at least try and put them into the marinade in the morning before you grill them that night.

Ingredients:
2-4 beef tenderloin filets
1/2 cup teryaki sauce
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
crumbles of blue cheese ( I used Roquefort this time.)

Directions:
 Whisk the teryaki sauce, soy sauce and honey together in a bowl. Then, add the garlic and onion powder. Pour over filets in a zip lock bag and leave to marinate over night or at least 6 hours. Remove filets from bag and dry them off with a paper towel. Heat grill or grill pan on high heat. Cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Mine were pretty thick, and I like it medium rare. I f you like it more done, cook it longer. I also rotate the steak every three to four minutes to get the hash marks. For the last four or five minutes of cooking, I put the blue cheese crumbles on top to melt. Let the steaks rest for about 8nminutes before you cut into them and eat them. I promise these are full of flavor and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment