Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cornish Game Hens with Cornbread Stuffing

   I love this dish and it is really easy. Sometimes I get the craving for Thanksgiving year round, and this totally satisfies my craving! I am sure most cooks would say I should make the stuffing from scratch, but I don't. Someday I would love to try making it because I really am a stuffing junkie! Seriously, my grandmother always has to bring an extra pan of it for me on Thanksgiving. For now though, I just buy Pepperidge Farm or Stove Top. (Please don't judge!)

Ok, so here is what you need:

2 cornish game hens (the number will vary depending how many you are cooking for)
1 box of stuffing mix prepared
salt
pepper
1 tablespoon of butter
1 onion

Directions:
 Salt and pepper the inside of the hen. You will follow the directions for the stuffing. Once it is cooked, you will stuff it inside the cavity of the hen.  Melt the butter and brush it on the outside of the hen. Sprinkle the outside of the hen generously with salt and pepper. Cut up and onion it big chunks. Lay the hens on the onion in the roasting pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 55 minutes.

1 comment: