Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lemon Garlic Pork

  This might be my favorite food that I make. It is so good, and it tastes like it would be really unhealthy, but it really isn't at all. I don't have a picture right now because I haven't made it in a while, but I am going to make it next week. Then, I will post a picture. I always serve it the same. I put it on top of a bed of arugula. I also always make couscous with it. Try it out. I promise it is a good one!


Ingredients:
Lemon garlic marinated pork tenderloin trimmed and sliced into about five pieces. ( I cheat and buy either the Hormel one, or one from Central Market.)
olive oil
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of breadcrumbs ( I liked the seasoned kind.)
1 lemon
salt pepper
arugula (It is a must! The peppery lettuce wilts slightly when you put the pork on it. Pour the vinaigrette on top and it is delicious!)

Directions:
  Pound each piece of pork until very thin, about 1/4 to 1/3 an inch. Next, combine the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese on a plate. Coat each piece of pork in the mixture until both sides are covered. Then, brown on medium-high in about 1tablespoon of olive oil. Cook it about 3 minutes on each side. You want to get a golden brown color. You might have to do this in batches. If so, add a little bit more oil with each batch. After the pork has cooked for three minutes on each side, put it on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes. While the pork is in the oven, squeeze one whole lemon into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then, slowly whisk in about 1/2 a cup of olive oil. When, you serve the pork, put it on a bed of arugula with the lemon vinaigrette drizzled on top. I love to put a drizzle on my couscous as well. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment