Friday, November 4, 2011

Quick and Delicious Dinner

 OK, I have recently become a stay-at-home mother, but, before that, I taught third grade for seven years. Wow! Still can't believe it was that long. Anyway, I can't tell you how many times I would get home late and exhausted. (I am sure many of you can relate!) However, I still wanted to try and be a "good little housewife" and make dinner for my husband, but lacked the energy do make anything that required me to use my brain.

Solution = Hoisin Chicken


You will not believe how easy this is! It doesn't require any measurements, and it has very few ingredients.

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of Hoisin Sauce
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put your chicken in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them slightly with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. You don't need them to be too thin, just evened out. Put the chicken breasts in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. You won't need much salt because the hoisin sauce has a lot of salt in it. Pour the hoisin sauce over the chicken and spread evenly. I normally use about half a bottle for two chicken breasts. I like to have a little extra sauce. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Allow 5 minutes to rest before serving.

 I love serving this over brown rice with broccoli or spinach. Let me know what you think. My husband and I both love this, and you would never know it takes almost no effort to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment