Monday, November 7, 2011

Roasted Vegetables

I love vegetables! I don't think there is one that I don't like. However, my husband does not feel the same way. I must say he has come a long way since we first got married. The only vegetable he used to eat was salad. Now he has expanded his horizons to green beans, asparagus, spinach, zuccini and squash. He still says that he will never ever eat broccoli. We shall see:) Anywho, I am constantly looking for new ways to cook vegetables, and I always end up coming back to roasting. It is super easy, and any of you beginners can do this. All you need to do is get a baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop your veggies and put them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and any seasoning of your choice. I love garlic powder and onion powder. Then, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and toss veggies until they are evenly coated. Bake for 30 minutes. I turn the veggies half way through to make sure they brown on both sides. Here are some of my favorite combinations:

red onion, butternut squash, zuccini, carrots, and asparagus

onion, cherry tomatoes, and chopped basil

onion, potatoes, any colors of bell peppers

To make it a little extra delicious you can grate a little fresh parmigian cheese on top just after you take them out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment